Sagging & Sinking Crawl Space Repairs in Florida & Georgia
Structural Solutions for Sagging Crawl Spaces
If you have unbalanced or bouncy floors in your home, your crawl space is likely not adequately supported. Without the proper foundation, your crawl space can start to sink and sag.
Crawl spaces experience sagging for three primary reasons:
- Your support columns are spaced too far apart.
- The joists, posts, and girders have been weakened from rot.
- The columns were set on weak soil or poor footing.
At Alpha Foundations, our team is the expert when it comes to fixing sinking crawl spaces. We can install crawl space supports to ensure that your structure is properly stabilized while also adding an encapsulation system to prevent mold and rot. If you’re interested in crawl space repair for your home, give us a call today to get a free estimate!
Get your crawl space looking as good as new with repairs from Alpha Foundations! Get your free estimate online now.
Our Solution – The SmartJack® Reinforcement System
At Alpha Foundations, we’ll fix your sinking and sagging crawl spaces with the SmartJack® System, which utilizes adjustable heavy-duty steel crawl space jack posts as a secure and more permanent fix. Our team can quickly and easily install this system, providing you with the best solution for restoring your crawl space’s stability.
The SmartJack® Reinforcement System is an ideal solution for your crawl space and comes with many benefits, including:
- Convenience: This system’s convenient installation process allows it to be installed in tight conditions and often takes less than a day to be completed.
- Corrosion resistance: The SmartJack® System is made of galvanized steel to protect it from corrosion.
- Support: The system has the capacity to support vertical loads exceeding 60,000 lbs.
- Adjustability: Using this system will not only stabilize your sinking floors, but it can also often return them to their original position.
- Comprehensive repairs: If your sinking crawl space is due to poor supporting soils, the SmartJack® System is the only solution that addresses this! Using a precast concrete footing and base of engineered fill material, the weight of your home is distributed across the crawl space jacks.
Installing the SmartJack® System
Another advantage of the SmartJack® system is that installation is quick, easy, and minimally disruptive, meaning it won’t interfere with your home or landscaping.
When repairing your crawl space, our team follows these steps:
- Preparation: Our specialists will map out the best layout for each support jack and then excavate a 2 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet deep hole at each support location, filling each hole with an engineered fill of compacted, crushed stone.
- Placing footing: On top of the fill, we’ll carefully place and level the pre-cast concrete footings that act as bases for the jack posts.
- Cutting jack posts: After the necessary measurements are taken, each steel jack post is cut to length.
- Assembly: Assembled in your crawl space, the top of the crawl space jack is mounted against the girder, and the installation is carefully plumbed. Each SmartJack® is then tightened to lift the floor back up to its original position, which can result in successfully straightened and leveled floors, closing cracks in walls, and halting future downward movement. If necessary, the jacks will continue to be adjustable for future tightening, should you need it
- Encapsulating the crawl space: If your wood crawl space joists, girders, and/or supports were damaged by mold, rot, and moisture, then our encapsulation process is recommended to prevent future moisture damage to the crawl space supports.
Do you still have questions about how the SmartJack® System works? Contact us online to get in touch with an expert.
Get Sagging Crawl Space Repair with Alpha Foundations!
Alpha Foundations is the premier foundation repair and crawl space repair company in the Southeast. Serving clients throughout Florida and Georgia, we’ve been helping homeowners restore their crawl spaces for almost 20 years, bringing excellent customer service and guaranteeing 100% customer satisfaction. Find out why we’re the go-to foundation contractor in your area by checking out our stellar reviews! If you’re experiencing foundation problems in your crawl space, we’re the company to call.
Looking for a price? Get a no-cost, no-obligation, free estimate.
word for it
They did everything they said they were going to do. Everything turned out wonderful; they met my expectations. We're very happy with the outcome.Pamela DeLand, FL
Alpha Foundation was professional from the beginning. From their sales rep, to the actual labor crew that came in and did the work. The crew was very informative a...Troy Orlando, FL
I have had many home repair jobs done over the years, by many contractors, in many locations in different states, and Alpha Foundations is the best one by far. Fir...Leonard St. Augustine, FL
I am extremely satisfied with the work done on my home. The work crews were professional, friendly and did a great job. My cement is level now and my lanai is secu...Marsha Gulf Breeze, FL
I chose your company after my talk with the design tech and assessment of his analysis of my problem and your solution. Also, the fact that he didn’t try to use ...Thomas Jacksonville, FL
The wealth of honesty and knowledge far exceeded my expectations. My appointment was completed successfully in a professional and timely matter. I now feel much be...William Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Alpha Foundations, is the company to call if you have foundation issues at your home or office. They are very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. They are ...Roy Valdosta, GA