In Florida, we know how to prep for a hurricane… But do you know how to prep for a virus? Our team has put together a homeowner checklist to address your common questions and put your mind at ease!
Two common questions we’ve been hearing are “what can I do to prevent the COVID-19 virus at home?” and “how long should I stay in isolation?” While it seems hard to stay in quarantine for two weeks (as recommended by the CDC), we definitely have a few tips on how you can stock up and stay busy during your time at home! Let’s get started!
1. Be sure to stock up (but don’t hoard) on home essentials like:
- Medical and Hygiene
- 30-day supply of pain relieving and fever reducing medication
- Personal hygiene products
- Hand soap and cleaning supplies
- Paper goods
- Food and Kitchen
- Non-perishable, easy-to-prepare foods
- Frozen dinners, meats, or veggies
- Water, coffee, or tea
- Home Miscellaneous:
- Pets food and treats
- Infant supplies – diapers, baby wipes, and formula
- Multi-surface and all-purpose cleaning sprays
- Find card games or movies that can help distract your time
2. Take the initiative and practice ‘Social Distancing’ as you keep a 6’ distance from other individuals.
3. Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer to ensure we are destroying any present germs.
4. When you are not playing board games and are taking the time for self-care, be sure to take a moment for home-care as well. Cleaning and disinfecting will help keep you and your loved ones safe from this contagious virus.
While it is easy to become overwhelmed with the news constantly churning new stories each day and the implications the virus has already had on our nation, you can never be too cautious! Staying informed, while implementing safety precautions, will help get us all through this.
Is there anything we’re missing on our prep list? How do you prep for a pandemic? If we missed something that you find important, please share a message with us on Facebook! https://bit.ly/3bqKruy