Crawl Space Dehumidification in Florida & Georgia
Prevent mold and musty odors with proven moisture control
A musty odor in your home or mold in your crawl space are signs of a moisture problem. Alpha Foundations can fix your damp crawl space with an efficient dehumidifier or ventilation fan.
Schedule your free on-site consultation and cost estimate today!
Enjoy total home comfort and health with a SaniDry dehumidifier
High humidity in your crawl space can damage your stored items, cause wood rot, and affect the indoor air quality of your entire home. If you have a vented crawl space with a moisture problem, you’ll likely feel and smell it upstairs.
A SaniDry dehumidifier helps prevent crawl space moisture as well as maintain an ideal level of humidity in your living space.
Top Features of a SaniDry Dehumidifier:
The SaniDry Sedona offers giant performance in a small package. The Sedona easily fits in small crawl spaces, yet has a powerful blower to effectively dry large areas.
- Automatic drainage – No need to empty the reservoir.
- Filter – Removes mold spores and dust mites (good for allergies and asthma).
- Auto humidistat – Shuts off the unit when desired relative humidity is achieved to save energy.
Benefits of installing a crawl space dehumidifier:
- Health: Adding a dehumidifier in your crawl space can prevent mold and dust mites, alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms, and improve the indoor air quality of your whole house.
- Comfort: High humidity levels in the crawl space can make the air upstairs feel soggy. A crawl space dehumidifier can help maintain a healthy humidity level year round and even save you money on cooling costs.
- Pest Prevention: Controlling moisture reduces the chances of termites and other pests in the crawl space.
- Structural Safety: A dehumidifier helps protect your home from wood rot in the crawl space and buckling floors.
- Energy Savings: If you turn on your air conditioner to lower the humidity in your home, you’re probably spending more money on your energy bills than you need to. A dehumidifier can help maintain a healthy humidity level in your home.
Where does crawl space moisture come from?
Water leaks, ground moisture, and outside air can raise the relative humidity in the crawl space and contribute to moisture problems. Here’s how:
- Standing water or puddles in your crawl space can be caused by a plumbing leak or a drainage problem around your home. If left there, the water will eventually evaporate into the air in the crawl space.
- Ground moisture in a dirt crawl space constantly evaporates into the crawl space air. Moisture inside the foundation walls can also evaporate into the air.
- Outside air enters the crawl space through vents and openings and cools down when it enters the crawl space, raising the relative humidity inside.
For the best results, we recommend installing a vapor barrier along with a dehumidifier. By sealing your crawl space off from the outside, we can create a space that’s dry, clean, and healthy. With the CleanSpace encapsulation system, you’ll not only gain extra storage space, but your entire home will be more comfortable!
Other crawl space moisture control solutions include sealing crawl space vents, adding drainage to remove standing water, and installing the Crawl-O-Sphere forced-air ventilation system.
Get a free estimate on crawl space dehumidification
If you’re experiencing mold, buckling floors, termites, or rising utility costs caused by issues in your crawl space, Alpha Foundations can help. We specialize in crawl space repair solutions, and we know what it takes to prevent humid air and excess moisture from damaging your home.
Call us today at 800-714-3020 or contact us online to get a free estimate on crawl space dehumidifier installation. We provide our crawl space encapsulation and repair services in Jacksonville, Saint Augustine, Boca Raton, Valdosta, Kissimmee, and surrounding areas in Florida and Georgia.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.
word for it
They did everything they said they were going to do. Everything turned out wonderful; they met my expectations. We're very happy with the outcome.Pamela DeLand, FL
Alpha Foundation was professional from the beginning. From their sales rep, to the actual labor crew that came in and did the work. The crew was very informative a...Troy Orlando, FL
I have had many home repair jobs done over the years, by many contractors, in many locations in different states, and Alpha Foundations is the best one by far. Fir...Leonard St. Augustine, FL
I am extremely satisfied with the work done on my home. The work crews were professional, friendly and did a great job. My cement is level now and my lanai is secu...Marsha Gulf Breeze, FL
I chose your company after my talk with the design tech and assessment of his analysis of my problem and your solution. Also, the fact that he didn’t try to use ...Thomas Jacksonville, FL
The wealth of honesty and knowledge far exceeded my expectations. My appointment was completed successfully in a professional and timely matter. I now feel much be...William Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Alpha Foundations, is the company to call if you have foundation issues at your home or office. They are very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. They are ...Roy Valdosta, GA