Cracked Concrete Patio
Your patio is like a mini oasis in your backyard. But without adequate maintenance, it might get damaged, leading to cracks and unevenness that make it hard to relax.
Being homeowners ourselves, we understand the importance of ensuring our homes are safe. You ought to have a patio where you can unwind and cherish moments with family.
We have the leading concrete lifting techniques in Florida, and we aim to restore your patio’s safety and the overall safety of your home. Discover why your patio cracks and how to address it.
What Is a Cracked Concrete Patio?
A worn-out concrete patio in your outdoor space may reveal splits, cracks, or fractures over time, compromising its look and stability.
Such disruptions can range from minor surface ones to deep, serious damage, posing significant safety threats. An uneven patio can become an entry point for insects, weeds, and debris. Accumulated water due to these cracks can accelerate its degradation.
You might observe similar concrete challenges in other parts of your property:
- Cracked sidewalk
- Cracked pool deck
- Sinking porch
- Cracked driveway
- Sinking stairs
Addressing these concerns timely is crucial. Alpha Foundations takes an integrated approach to assess the extent and cause of the damage, promising long-lasting and effective remediation.
What Causes a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Cracks in a concrete patio can emerge from several sources. Most are out of your control, but it’s good to know what to look out for so you can act quickly:
- Ground Movement: When soil under the patio moves or settles, it can cause the concrete to sink and crack.
- Weather Patterns: Excessive rain or hurricanes can increase soil erosion, particularly in soils rich in sand (common in Florida).
- Root Growth: Tree roots that grow under or near a patio will push against the concrete, causing cracks to form as it becomes uneven.
- Installation Missteps: Mistakes during the pouring or curing of concrete can result in structural weaknesses and subsequent fracturing.
It’s essential to recognize that the disturbances impacting patios could also affect a home’s foundation in the long run. Prompt action is vital. Pinpointing these foundational issues means that the chosen fix addresses the root cause, ensuring it doesn’t recur.
Can You Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Indeed, repairing a cracked concrete patio is feasible. Addressing the problem at early stages is pivotal, as extensive damage might limit solution options.
Remember, merely sealing cracks with off-the-shelf products or mudjacking won’t provide a lasting fix; underlying issues remain unaddressed.
Alpha Foundations uses a modern solution—our cutting-edge PolyRenewal™ concrete lifting technique. It not only repairs the visible damage but also addresses the root problems, preventing concrete from cracking again.
How to Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio
PolyRenewal™ is polyurethane foam injection system that fortifies the ground below and lifts the affected concrete to a secure level. Our process looks like this:
- A professional inspection to pinpoint the root causes and decide on the best course of action.
- Drilling penny-sized holes into the damaged driveway sections.
- Inserting specialized injection equipment into these holes.
- Preparing our proprietary two-part polymer foam to produce PolyRenewal™.
- Injecting PolyRenewal™ beneath the cracked driveway.
- The foam expands swiftly, filling voids, elevating the concrete, and curing in roughly 15 minutes.
- This raises the concrete and reinforces the ground underneath simultaneously.
- Removal of injection ports and sealing the holes.
- Ensuring cracks are filled to block future water entry.
- Periodical checks and maintenance to ensure the system continues working.
Alpha Foundations has developed specialized products to assure homeowners of customized, premium solutions. Our PolyRenewal™ is water-resistant and robust, capable of fully supporting your concrete just 15 minutes after installation!
Why Address a Cracked Concrete Patio Now
Tending to a deteriorating patio early on can prevent potential problems. Enlisting expert help for concrete lifting proves a prudent choice due to:
- Safety Risks: Cracks and unevenness increase tripping dangers. As damage progresses, these hazards multiply.
- Wear and Tear: Overlooking underlying soil problems will only continue degrading the patio’s condition over time.
- Moisture Penetration: Cracks enable water seepage below, hastening erosion and possibly jeopardizing the foundation.
- Pest Entry: Cracks become pathways for pests and weeds. Some pests might find their way into your home.
- Aesthetic Impact: A broken and unlevel patio undermines your home’s visual appeal.
- Diminished Home Value: An uncared-for patio might decrease your property’s worth and deter potential buyers.
Engaging Alpha Foundations’ specialized offerings ensures lasting results compared to temporary fixes. With our advanced methods, we promise a comprehensive concrete lifting solution for your patio issues, surpassing conventional methods.
Connect with Alpha Foundations for Reliable Concrete Lifting Solutions
Your home should be a sanctuary, including a safe and inviting patio. Rely on Alpha Foundations to rejuvenate your concrete patio. We’ve been serving Florida homeowners with our proven concrete lifting solutions since 2002.
For over two decades, Florida residents have trusted our innovative techniques, meticulous care, and unmatched customer service. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation assessment!
Crumbling and chipping concrete is common. Learn the causes and how Alpha Foundations helps protect your concrete from damage.
Address concrete problems with professional assistance. Learn how to spot a trustworthy repair company with our guide.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
1755 Benchmark Ave.
Fort Myers, FL 33905
309 NE 1st St.
Gainesville, FL 32601
55 North Industrial Loop
Orange Park, FL 32073
3200 W Copans Rd.
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
3723 Hogshead Rd
Apopka, FL 32703
1680 Fruitville Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34236
66 Industrial Park Dr.
Monticello, FL 32344
1615 118th Ave. N
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
100 N Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31601
515 N Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401