The concrete sidewalks adjacent to your home likely see a lot of foot traffic from your family, friends, and visitors. Regrettably, cracked sidewalks can present numerous dangers to both individuals and your property.
Various factors, including shifting weather conditions and improper installation, can cause these unsightly and unsafe deformities. A compromised sidewalk not only reduces the curb appeal of your residence but also poses a significant risk to pedestrians.
Alpha Foundations understands the visual and safety concerns associated with damaged concrete sidewalks. Utilizing state-of-the-art concrete lifting methods, we ensure your sidewalks are repaired and returned to a safe and operational condition.
Learn about the root causes of concrete cracks and the solutions available to fix them.
What Is a Cracked Sidewalk?
Cracked sidewalks are characterized by noticeable fissures or gaps along the surface of a sidewalk. These become especially dangerous if the damaged sidewalk is situated near a home or business.
These gaps can vary in size and depth, but they always create a safety hazard. Also, cracked sidewalks tend to appear alongside other types of concrete damage. Look out for these other issues:
Neglecting cracked sidewalks only makes the problem get worse, it will never resolve on its own. Even worse, concrete damage can also affect your home’s foundation if it is a concrete slab. It’s best to act quickly if you want to avoid further damage!
What Causes Sidewalk Cracks?
Factors that contribute to sidewalk cracks include:
- Soil Movement: Shifts in the soil beneath the sidewalk may cause the concrete to settle and crack, particularly in areas with sandy soil.
- Soil Erosion: Heavy rainfall or hurricanes can actually erode the soil beneath sidewalks, jeopardizing the concrete’s structural stability.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots growing near the concrete can damage the soil supporting the sidewalk and push against the concrete, leading to sinking and cracking.
- Errors During Concrete Preparation: Incorrectly mixed or settled concrete may crack over time as the material deteriorates.
Addressing the underlying issue is crucial for a permanent solution that prevents recurring damage.
Can You Fix a Cracked Sidewalk?
Indeed, cracked sidewalks can be repaired, but it’s important to act sooner rather than later. As the cracks worsen, the options for repair become more limited.
It’s important to note that typical DIY methods and outdated techniques like mudjacking won’t actually fix the problem. For a more durable sidewalk repair, consider working with a professional company like Alpha Foundations.
Our modern solution, SettleStop PolyRenewal™, delves deeper and lasts longer than conventional methods. This polyurethane injection system targets the primary causes behind cracked sidewalks.
How to Fix a Cracked Sidewalk
Alpha Foundations employs the innovative PolyRenewal™ technique to repair uneven sidewalks. The process includes:
- A professional inspection to pinpoint the root causes and decide on the best course of action.
- Drilling penny-sized holes into the sunken section of sidewalk.
- Inserting specialized injection equipment into these holes.
- Preparing our proprietary two-part polymer foam to produce PolyRenewal™.
- Injecting PolyRenewal™ beneath the sidewalk.
- The foam expands swiftly, filling voids, elevating the concrete, and curing in roughly 15 minutes.
- This raises the concrete and reinforces the ground underneath simultaneously.
- Removal of injection ports and sealing the holes.
- Ensuring cracks are filled to block future water entry.
- Periodical checks and maintenance to ensure the system continues working.
Our specialized polyurethane foam solution provides a long-lasting, superior fix, offering advantages over traditional repair methods such as mudjacking. Our technique is less invasive and ensures stability for the years ahead.
Why Address Sidewalk Cracks Now
Promptly repairing uneven sidewalks is beneficial on its own, but it can also provide some unexpected benefits. Concrete lifting will help you achieve the following:
- Avoid Injury: Cracked and uneven concrete can cause trips and falls.
- Steer Clear of Legal Issues: Injuries caused by damaged sidewalks could lead to legal repercussions if it’s on your private property.
- Prevent Unnecessary Repair Costs: Addressing issues early can prevent expensive solutions like total concrete replacement in the future.
- Maintain Property Value: Cracks in sidewalks can deter potential buyers and decrease your property’s value. A smooth, problem-free pathway is more appealing to prospective buyers.
For comprehensive sidewalk repair services, turn to Alpha Foundations. We provide unparalleled service and solutions to homeowners across Florida.
Contact Alpha Foundations for Reliable Concrete Lifting Solutions
Don’t allow your sidewalks to deteriorate further. Address the underlying issues with innovative solutions from Alpha Foundations, ensuring the longevity and beauty of your property.
Our team has been serving Florida homeowners since 2002, earning trust through our exceptional customer service and industry leading solutions. Reach out today for a free, no-obligation evaluation, and let us help you restore your property’s safety!
Self-leveling concrete is a popular garage leveling technique. Learn about its pros and cons and what's an effective alternative.
Florida is full of diverse soil. Learn about your area's soil type and how to prepare for concrete issues and repairs.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
1755 Benchmark Ave.
Fort Myers, FL 33905
309 NE 1st St.
Gainesville, FL 32601
55 North Industrial Loop
Orange Park, FL 32073
3200 W Copans Rd.
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
3723 Hogshead Rd
Apopka, FL 32703
1680 Fruitville Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34236
66 Industrial Park Dr.
Monticello, FL 32344
1615 118th Ave. N
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
100 N Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31601
515 N Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401